Procedure of Funds Deposit
1. Tiger currently does not accept any funds transferred from other's bank accounts, third-party payment platforms (excluding Wise's link in Tiger), joint bank accounts, cheques and cash. Please use the bank account with the same name as your Tiger account to initiate the deposit.
2. Tiger supports various types of deposits in multiple regions. You can visit the Tiger deposit page and initiate deposit to Tiger through DDA (recommended,If you have a DBS/POSB bank account), ordinary bank transfer or Wise's Link in Tiger. The following is a general bank account transfer process.
How to deposit money in Tiger
1.Visit the Tiger deposit Page
If you already have a Tiger account, you can visit the deposit page via Tiger Trade APP or Tiger official website.
1.1 Log in the Tiger Trade APP, go to the「Trade」for deposit.
- For customers without any deposit before, please click 「Deposit Funds」as shown in the picture on the left.
- For customers who have already deposited in Tiger, please click 「Deposit」as shown in the picture on the right.
1.2 Visit the official Tiger website, log into your trading account, go to 「My account」-「Deposit」.
2.Choose the way to deposit and check the deposit guidelines
2.1 Choose how you would like to deposit funds: "DDA" transfer is recommended;
- If you have DBS/POSB bank account, it is recommended to choose「DDA」for deposit. For detailed operation, please view DDA Fast Deposit.
- Otherwise, please select「Bank Account Transfer」or Wise's Link in Tiger.
2.2 Select the currency you would like to deposit: It is recommended to choose the currency already in your bank account;
If you do not have any of these currencies, you can exchange the currency at the bank first (it is recommended to choose the currency you need for stock trading, such as exchanging US dollars for trading US stocks),and then deposit.
2.3 Select remittance bank: A bank account in your region is recommended;
- For example: if your bank account is in Singapore, please select "Singapore bank Account".
2.4 Check Tiger Recipient Details and go to the bank to make remittance
If you choose「Bank Account Transfer」, please remit money to the recipient account shown on Tiger App via mobile banking or online banking.
- Note：Recipient Details may be different for different users. Therefore, please do not directly use the information shared by others to operate the deposit, and do not directly share your information with others.
For ordinary「Bank Account Transfer」, Please copy the information required by the remitting bank such as Recipients Name, Account Number, Payment reference from your Tiger Trade App. Then, paste them into your banking Recipient Details.
When making remittance, please try your best to fill in the "Payment reference/comment" (your name + prime account number in Tiger APP) provided by Tiger for quick deposit and enter some decimal in the remittance amount. For example, to remit HKD 10,000.00, you can enter HKD 10,000.23.
Query path for "Payment reference/comment" in Tiger APP : 「Trade」-「Deposit 」- 「Bank Account Transfer 」- Select 「currency」 - Select 「The bank to transfer」, then slide down, copy the 「Payment reference/comment」at the bottom.
4.Submit deposit notification
To make your deposit more smoothly, please submit the deposit notice in Tiger APP after bank remittance. (Deposit via "Bank Account Transfer" requires submitting deposit notification, other forms of deposit do not need.)
4.1 Path of submitting deposit notification: Open 【 Tiger APP】, choose 【Trade】 - 【Bank Account Transfer】-select 【Currency】 -【Select the bank to transfer】, at the bottom of the page to select 【 Notify Tiger of the Remitted Funds 】, fill in the remittance information and upload emittance screenshots, click 【Submit Deposit Notification】, then complete the operation.
4.2 Please pay attention to the following information when filling in the deposit notification.
- Save key screenshots during remittance, then submit pictures or PDF files of the remittance to Tiger. Try to use clear pictures or PDF when uploading, and ensure that the remittance record is sufficient;
- If you have more than one remittance, please fill in the notification separately against your bank records.
Matters need attention:
1.Please refer to the information displayed in your Tiger account for deposit recipient details. If the bank rejects or delays the payment due to your incorrect input information, Tiger will not be able to bear the loss caused by you.
2. It takes time for the bank to process the remittance request. After the bank notifying "remitted", Tiger still needs to wait for the processing result of the receiving bank and complete the deposit verification. The arrival time may be different for different deposit methods . Please refer to the Instructions before Deposit
-[How many deposit methods does Tiger support? ]for details.
TBSG is not responsible for delays in deposits due to Bank’s system issues including scheduled downtime, system outage, etc.