Additional Risk Disclosure Statement for Payment Token Derivatives (“PTDs”)
Trading in PTDs such as cryptocurrency funds or ETFs, cryptocurrency futures carries additional risks. Customer may risk losing all the Customer’s capital or more.
By applying to trade Cryptocurrency Products through Tiger Brokers (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. ("TBSPL"), you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You have read the Risk Disclosure for Futures Trading provided on the TBSPL website and understand that the risks described in that Risk Disclosure apply to trading in Cryptocurrency Products.
- This statement may not be sufficient to explain and list down all the risks associated with the trading and/or investing in PTDs. You should only trade, deal or invest in PTDs if you understand your exposure to all the risks involved and you should consider whether such trading is appropriate for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial resources and other relevant circumstances. You should not rely on this information as a complete explanation of the risks of trading, dealing or investing in PTDs.
- These risks include but are not limited to, higher price volatility, lack of price transparency, cyber security risks, unregulated status of payment token spot trading market, and these products may not be subject to equivalent regulatory requirements as those usually applicable to other investment products.
- These products are also not regulated under the Securities and Futures Act, and the Financial Advisers Act. Consequently, the legislative protection or safeguards afforded under the Monetary Authority of Singapore’ regulatory framework will not apply to investors dealing/trading in unregulated products, such as cryptocurrency exchange traded funds. The underlying cryptocurrency markets are highly susceptible to the market forces of supply and demand, and generally they are not backed/supported by any central bank or government. Thus, they are much more volatile than traditional currencies. The value and liquidity of cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency related products may fluctuate greatly as they are largely derived from, or highly dependent on the level and volume of participation from both buyers and sellers. These products may be restricted and subject to significant limitations on resales and transfers.
- Trading in these products can be extremely risky. You should be prepared to lose all of the funds used for trading in PTDs. You should not fund your trading activities in these products with retirement savings, emergency funds or funds set aside for purposes such as education or home ownership. You should carefully consider the products’ features, risk factors, fees and expenses before investing.
TRADING IN BITCOIN FUTURES, MICRO BITCOIN FUTURES OR OTHER PAYMENT TOKEN DERIVATIVES ("PTDs") IS ESPECIALLY RISKY AND IS ONLY FOR CLIENTS WITH A HIGH-RISK TOLERANCE AND THE FINANCIAL ABILITY TO SUSTAIN LOSSES IF PTDs-RELATED POSITIONS BECOME UNPROFITABLE. YOU MAY LOSE MORE THAN YOU INVEST.
In the event you require further information, you are to refer to the relevant offer documents provided by the issuer of these PTDs.